Friday, October 28, 2011

The Beginning

Hello all!

So I have begun a blog.  And I figured my first post should be why.  I have never been interested in blogging.  So why begin now?  Well as most of you are aware, I have of late returned from serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  During my 18 months of service, I was not permitted regular communication or contact with friends and family except through emails once a week, every week.  Honestly, I truly enjoyed the experience each and every week when I could sit down and relate what has been happening, my growth, the growth of those around me, and just let others be a part of the incredible work and joy that I was able to be a part of.  I received numerous emails and comments from close family and friends on how much they enjoyed my emails.  And I enjoyed writing them and sharing incredible events and experiences of my life with all who were willing to receive.

So when I returned home, on many occasions I was confronted with how people missed being able to read my emails.  And so now I'm going to share yet again, another experience that I had that has prompted me to take action.  A couple weeks after I came home, I was sitting in the first meeting of our church service.  I was pondering how much I missed being able to write down and share my experiences.  Pondering on how I missed being able to sit down and reflect on the simple every day miracles that God blesses me with.  And as I was sitting and pondering, the thought came with great force that I could do something about it.  I love writing.  I love taking pictures.  I love recording events and miracles and lessons learned.  I love sharing knowledge with those around me.  So why don't I start a blog, and all that want to keep up with my life and knowledge gained, can. 

And now, almost 7 months later, I am finally taking action on that thought.  That thought was so powerful, I have not forgotten it.  But it did take some time to get the courage to begin.  And so now, I begin a new journey of blogging.  Of sharing my personal insights and miracles and lessons with all who would like to learn along side with me.  I hope you enjoy life right along with me.  I hope you are prepared to leap into my mind. I love life and find excitement in pondering EVERYTHING!  We are hear to learn, to gain ALL that we can, to soak up all truth around us.  And I find the greatest joy in this process!

No comments:

Post a Comment